Welcome! This is a blog for Keira and Candice to speak of all our woes. Ha! Not exactly. We both struggle with infertility. This is our way of keeping in touch and being a support for one another. Here is where we share our thoughts, our feelings, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. We have often asked ourselves 'why not us?' We would sure like to know what happened to our storks. So if anyone with similar struggles visits this blog, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Although at times it sure feels like it, doesn't it? Hopefully this may help you as well.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Well, it has been a long, long time since I last wrote. Life is hard, and it continues to be hard.
We celebrated our 7 years together in April at the same time finding out the Mikes younger brother and wife are expecting twins after being married a year. A couple months after that we find out that Mikes older brother and wife are expecting their 4 after one round of Clomid. Meanwhile I am on my 3 round of clomid and I have no end in sight. I started doing clomid awhile ago, and felt like keeping it a secret. I don't know. Just didn't want to deal with a lot of questions and getting other peoples hopes up, because having my own to deal with is more than enough. So surprise to anyone who didn't know. Mike and I are doing clomid, but no surprise to everyone that it continues to not work. OH WELL!! What does seem to work on overload is the oh-so-unpleasant side affects of the dang stuff!! It has helped regulate my period, since after my D&C it has been crazy, so for that I am super thankful. However, I also have PMS times 10 atleast. I can't seem to be ok with anything or anyone for that matter. EVERYTHING annoys me or hurts my feelings in one way or another. Its actually quite humorous when I can look back on it. :) I also have the WORST. MIGRAINES. EVER!! On top of that I have hot sweats bad. Mostly just at night, but I wake up soaked with sweat. It's disgusting!! But I am freezing at the same time. Horrible, horrible side affects of clomid!!
   So, I was a little concerned, so I got on a medical website and looked up the side affects of clomid, and yes, they are all normal. So, I am normal......yet oh-so-not normal like everyone else taking clomid. Oh the joys...
  Well, on a happier note, although it has nothing to do with fertility :Mike and I are buying our first home. SOOOO EXCITED!! It has been a roller coaster of a ride, but this part of it is coming to a close. We should be closing the end of the month if all goes well. It is in Santaquin, Utah. It has 4 bedrooms and 1/2 acre to play in, and have a GIGANTIC garden. I love being outside and growing stuff, so I am anxious to get going and make it my own. I will update as things move along, but we are just currently busy working, and packing, and playing.
 Love you all and hope all is well!!
Love, Keira

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for your house! My mil lives in genola so we are in the area every now and again. We are going to have to stop by one of these days! :)

    I've been thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me started on clomid. I, too, was on it for 3 rounds. But lucky me, who has always had irregular periods, the clomid didn't completely regulate me so instead of each round lasting 6 months, it ended up lasting about 9 months each time. Can you imagine being affected by that nasty stuff for 9 months in a row, three different times? Horrid. And it never worked for us, but there were also other issues we were dealing with besides me not ovulating on my own. So I completely feel for you. And I also went through something similar last year, what with my younger sister getting pregnant with twins after being married a couple years, not to mention my husband's two sisters being pregnant with their 5th and 16th babies, and his brother's wife being pregnant with their 6th, and our niece being pregnant with her first, and our nephew's wife being pregnant with their 2nd. Maybe this is the darkest hour right before the dawn for you. That's how it was for me. It was like I was being tested hard right before the blessings, to make sure I deserved them, or something. Praying for you always. Love you Keira Bug.

    ReplyDelete