Welcome! This is a blog for Keira and Candice to speak of all our woes. Ha! Not exactly. We both struggle with infertility. This is our way of keeping in touch and being a support for one another. Here is where we share our thoughts, our feelings, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. We have often asked ourselves 'why not us?' We would sure like to know what happened to our storks. So if anyone with similar struggles visits this blog, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Although at times it sure feels like it, doesn't it? Hopefully this may help you as well.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Another one bites the dust

Well, another adoption fell through. It didn't go as far as the one that failed last month. It went about as far as Keira's had gone. For a few weeks the chances of the adoption taking place had been about 90%. So we were really excited. But then a few problems have cropped up and the adoption won't be taking place. And I've known there were problems for about a month and that the chances of the placing happening were getting pretty slim. But I didn't realize how much hope I was harboring until a little bit ago when I was told that it's not going to happen. I was fairly sure it wouldn't happen, but like I said, I had more hope than I had realized. When I found out for sure that it fell through, my heart dropped more than I thought it would. I think maybe it hurts more because I'm still...how should I put this...trying to recover from the failed adoption last month, and so my heart is more sensitive at the moment. And I've got my sister's baby shower to go to tomorrow. I feel like I can't get a break right now.
~Candice

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you are hurting. All I know is that Heavenly Father is saving someone really, REALLY special for both you and Keira.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chess, I certainly hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry Candice. Two in a row...man! thats rough. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love, Keira

    ReplyDelete