Welcome! This is a blog for Keira and Candice to speak of all our woes. Ha! Not exactly. We both struggle with infertility. This is our way of keeping in touch and being a support for one another. Here is where we share our thoughts, our feelings, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. We have often asked ourselves 'why not us?' We would sure like to know what happened to our storks. So if anyone with similar struggles visits this blog, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Although at times it sure feels like it, doesn't it? Hopefully this may help you as well.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Update

Just a quick update of what's been going on. Life has been crazy and hectic lately. Shalum and I met the birth mother on the 13th and the meeting went really well. She liked us, we liked her. She's a fun person to talk to. She didn't want to make any final decisions until she had met us and after meeting us, she wanted to pray about it. But she said there's a reason we kept popping up in her mind. There were certain things in our profile that had stood out to her that she really liked. There were also things about us she really liked during our meeting. And our caseworker says she speaks really highly of us. But that first week after the meeting, waiting to hear back if she was still planning on going through with the adoption or not was the most anxious week of my life. From what we've been told, she still has some doubts about the adoption. Not doubts about placing with us, but actually placing. She has quite a few children already and is having a hard time with this. But she has stated often that she can't do it and that's why she's choosing adoption. But she still hasn't told the birth father, so he's a wild card right now. We've learned some things about him that could possibly be in our favor if he wanted to fight the adoption. But we'll see how it goes. So the due date is July 21st, well that's the date scheduled for her c-section, so it's just 3 weeks away! We had our home study three days ago, and phew we passed. Our home is safe! We've also been rounding up things for the baby. Fortunately we've had a lot given to us, things friends didn't need anymore, so we haven't had to buy too much. Which is especially nice if the adoption ends up falling through, fingers crossed that doesn't happen. But I think when we adopt him, I'll probably start replacing it with what I want. This could possibly be my only child and I'm going to get what I want. Sometimes much to Shalum's consternation. He loves free stuff. I've also been doing a lot of reading (need to be prepared) and a lot of crocheting (can't have a cold baby). Oh I hadn't even mentioned that it's a boy! I'm sure you may have caught on having used the term 'him'. Shalum and I have been having the hardest time agreeing on a name. But I think we've finally agreed on one. Shalum had a nickname already in place (there's a personal reason behind it for him) so I've had to come up with a name to fit the nickname, a name we both like. Since I'm not entirely sure it's the name we're going with, I'll not share it just yet. The birth mother has a name that she wants. She said it's of course up to us, but was wondering how important names are to us. We are thinking about using her name as a third name. We'll just have to see how things go right now.

Candice

2 comments:

  1. So nice to hear an update. I hope things work out for you guys!! I will keep my fingers crossed and keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so tickled to hear the great news..
    I was wondering after the adoption is final if you are gonna do a baby shower or anything.. you know so I could send something :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete