Welcome! This is a blog for Keira and Candice to speak of all our woes. Ha! Not exactly. We both struggle with infertility. This is our way of keeping in touch and being a support for one another. Here is where we share our thoughts, our feelings, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. We have often asked ourselves 'why not us?' We would sure like to know what happened to our storks. So if anyone with similar struggles visits this blog, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Although at times it sure feels like it, doesn't it? Hopefully this may help you as well.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Round 3

I have been so busy lately and haven't had much time to write a post. I started working temporarily, on Shalum's crew. So that plus all the training has kept me busy, plus all my usual things that always need to get done, which I'm slacking on because I'm down with a cold right now...joy. But I have some good news, which I feel guilty mentioning because of what Keira's going through right now, but we've been chosen to adopt again. Our caseworker called us two and a half weeks ago, and we met the birth parents two weeks ago. The due date is Dec 20th, and it's a boy. We're excited! The birth parents are great and they seemed to like us too, which is nice. :) Oh, also, an FSA chapter (Families Supporting Adoption) just started here in the Elko area. We'll be meeting every second Saturday of every month. We had our first meeting yesterday. So if anyone around here is interested in adopting, or has adopted, or has been adopted, or I guess anyone who supports adoption and would like to come to this, you are more than welcome. Just an FYI. :)
~Candice

2 comments:

  1. Candice,
    I am excited for you! I truly do hope it works out for you. You have been through a lot as well, and its about time that something good works out for one of us....
    I sure hope my blessings come soon, because I am having the hardest time.
    I love you.
    ~Keira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice, this is such awesome news.. congrats on the job and the meeting the adoptive parents and all.. I pray all goes well for both!
    Keira... you 2 are in our prayers.. I wish I could just hug you both so much!
    I can't wait for an update on you both.. Thank you for your courage and everything you do to keep this going even when you don't feel like it!
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete