Welcome! This is a blog for Keira and Candice to speak of all our woes. Ha! Not exactly. We both struggle with infertility. This is our way of keeping in touch and being a support for one another. Here is where we share our thoughts, our feelings, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. We have often asked ourselves 'why not us?' We would sure like to know what happened to our storks. So if anyone with similar struggles visits this blog, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Although at times it sure feels like it, doesn't it? Hopefully this may help you as well.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Good News....What am I talking about? It's better than good, it's the bestest of the best!

Wednesday Shalum and I got a phone call from our caseworker. And guess what? A birth mother has chosen us to adopt her little baby! I am so excited! It took a while to get over the shock. Part of me was thinking it was never going to happen. But along with the excitement, I'm also a nervous wreck. What if she changes her mind? What if she doesn't like us when we meet? What if, what if, what if. A million thoughts have been going through my head, and I haven't gotten much sleep, because my mind can't shut off at night. We're meeting her June 13th, tentatively. We're waiting to hear back if that day works for her. And to be honest, I'm terrified to meet her. I'm afraid she's not going to like us, or that I'll be so nervous I won't be able to be myself and she'll think I'm most lame. Hopefully all will go well. She's due July 21st, just two months away. We don't know the sex yet, not that it matters to us, we would love to have either. I can't even begin to express my gratitude for being chosen and having this opportunity. And I'm so thankful for this birth mother for giving us this chance. I know it isn't easy for her. She already has other children and loves them, and she's having a hard time imagining not keeping the one she carries now. But she doesn't feel as if she can raise this child right now because she has a lot on her plate. My heart goes out to her, for what she's going through and for this difficult decision she's making. But I'm also most grateful for this chance we have of raising a child. This is our dream come true, what we have been wanting and waiting for for almost 8 years. And perhaps the shock hasn't completely worn off because I still can't believe this is happening!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'll keep you in my prayers. This is so wonderful. I think if you tell her everything you just wrote here she'll be touched it will be great. I hope it all goes through. I'm going to save my congrats until you're holding your little one so I don't jinx it. Lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great news! I am so excited for you!

    Face-to-face meetings are scary! And so exciting! I was a complete dork and was not myself at our face-to-face and G's birthmother still chose us because of how she felt inside. I am most definitely sure it wasn't because of me! Ha ha. So... try not to get too nervous (HA HA! I almost puked on the way there - true story) or worry too much! ;)

    I can't wait to hear how it all goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you Candice! This news makes my day!! Know that I am praying for you and I hope everything goes well from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the most wonderful news I have heard lately.. I am thankful that things are starting to go in motion for you and Shalum.. Keep your head up and I will be praying.. you need me I am a phone call away! HUGS

    ReplyDelete