Welcome! This is a blog for Keira and Candice to speak of all our woes. Ha! Not exactly. We both struggle with infertility. This is our way of keeping in touch and being a support for one another. Here is where we share our thoughts, our feelings, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. We have often asked ourselves 'why not us?' We would sure like to know what happened to our storks. So if anyone with similar struggles visits this blog, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Although at times it sure feels like it, doesn't it? Hopefully this may help you as well.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

There hasn't been much activity on here from Keira and I, although I can't speak for Keira but the reason behind my inactivity is because there really hasn't been anything new. Still going through ups and downs. Always going through them. But there's nothing new in that. Still trying to get our name out there in hopes of adopting. Going to be doing more infertility procedures. Not looking forward to that, but if it gets us a baby, I'm more than willing.
Watched General Conference this last weekend. Really enjoyed it. Got me motivated to read the Book of Mormon more often. I get in phases where I read it all the time and then there are lulls in my reading. Then there was one talk that made mention of different sorts of people, couples with children, people who are single and childless, couples who are childless. To be quite frank, I don't remember much of his talk because I was just crying through it. Then there was another talk about fathers raising daughters, and Shalum couldn't listen to it and left the room for that one. But for the most part I enjoyed the conference. I love listening to our prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I have always enjoyed listening to his talks. You can feel his love for all of us when you listen to him.
In a week and a half I'll be spending an evening with two other couples who live here in Elko, who are also part of the LDS Family Services Las Vegas adoption agency. We're really good friends with one of the couples, the other we have yet to meet. Dinner and games. I'm looking forward to it. But other than that. There's been nothing new.
Oh, the twins are doing good. Taylor was moved to a big girl crib a couple days ago. They're both growing and gaining weight.
~Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment