Welcome! This is a blog for Keira and Candice to speak of all our woes. Ha! Not exactly. We both struggle with infertility. This is our way of keeping in touch and being a support for one another. Here is where we share our thoughts, our feelings, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. We have often asked ourselves 'why not us?' We would sure like to know what happened to our storks. So if anyone with similar struggles visits this blog, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Although at times it sure feels like it, doesn't it? Hopefully this may help you as well.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

I got myself into this.

The lesson in Young Women's today at church was about the purpose of life. The three questions 'where did we come from?', 'why are we here?', and 'where are we going?' were brought up. It was mentioned that while we were in the pre-existence we had chosen, or at the very least agreed to, the challenges that we now face. I have thought about this a great deal over the years, and I just have one question....WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS I THINKING TO CHOOSE OR AGREE TO INFERTILITY?! WAS I CRAZY?! So that's how I feel some days, ok lets be honest, most days. But I know I did agree to this challenge, and I know that my pre-existence self knew a whole lot more than I do now. I probably knew that I needed this challenge, that perhaps this was the only challenge that would wake me up and help me learn what I need to and really progress to where I need to be. But I hate it. I hate this challenge. Some days it's all encompassing. And this is where my faith must kick in. I know in my head that this is somehow for my benefit and if I endure through it and overcome this trial, then I will be blessed beyond my imagination. But my heart doesn't always feel this. But strangely, it is a bit of a comfort to know that I did choose this trial. It wasn't forced on me, I made the decision. I knew what I was going to be faced with on this earth, and I willingly accepted it.
~Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment