Welcome! This is a blog for Keira and Candice to speak of all our woes. Ha! Not exactly. We both struggle with infertility. This is our way of keeping in touch and being a support for one another. Here is where we share our thoughts, our feelings, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. We have often asked ourselves 'why not us?' We would sure like to know what happened to our storks. So if anyone with similar struggles visits this blog, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Although at times it sure feels like it, doesn't it? Hopefully this may help you as well.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The reason for trials

Keira, I was wondering where you'd gone to. You know I go through the exact same cycles. And unfortunately the 3rd cycle is the shortest for me. Sometimes I even skip that one (I know, shame on me). It's hard. And I don't know if I'll ever get to the point where I'll accept being childless. I feel empty thinking of my future with no children. I believe that because we're members of Christ's church, we will perhaps be challenged more. Testing our faith. Making us strong and unwavering in our testimonies. These are the type of members that the church needs. Heavenly Father is separating the wheat from the chaff. So even though we don't understand why this is our trial in life we need to continue enduring through them and find peace with our lots. Like you said, this is part of our refiner's fire. I just pray that I can grow and become a better person through this. And when I meet Jesus Christ, I hope that I'll have done all that I could in this life and hear him say the words 'well done my good and faithful servant.'

1 comment:

  1. candice,
    i am so sorry for what you have had to deal with recently. i know how hard it can be. what has helped me is to read alot and i mean A LOT of talks about adversity, and patience. even a few about infertility. i have really felt the spirit and been strengthened lately with this trial. i hope you can find the peace you need too. i have a lot of talks if you want to read them, i can get you all the titles and authors. keep your chin up. i am excited you are going to do the ivf. atleast you have that. we have no money for that, so really that part of this trial is really hopeless for me. i hope for a miracle or to be able to adopt, because the treatments are out of the question (atleast for now) because we have no money. plus, another good thing you have and i don't is you have friends close by that struggle with the same thing as you. i have noone. i feel totally isolated and alone. that is the hardest thing for me most of the time.
    anyway, i hope something helps. i love you.
    love, keira

    ReplyDelete