Welcome! This is a blog for Keira and Candice to speak of all our woes. Ha! Not exactly. We both struggle with infertility. This is our way of keeping in touch and being a support for one another. Here is where we share our thoughts, our feelings, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. We have often asked ourselves 'why not us?' We would sure like to know what happened to our storks. So if anyone with similar struggles visits this blog, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Although at times it sure feels like it, doesn't it? Hopefully this may help you as well.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Moving On...

   I just have to start by saying how happy and at peace I have felt in the last several weeks. I have gone through a lot of health challenges, and been in pain a lot, but despite it all I am SO happy. So, when I read about Candice's struggles, it tears me up. I feel so bad. I know how hard it can be when you find out that a loved one is pregnant again, meanwhile we are still w.a.i.t.i.n.g. Not so patiently at times, but we continue to wait.
     So, I have been doing a lot of thinking. Mostly about where I am supposed to be at, what I am supposed to be doing to make the most out of my life. Even if I never get the opportunity to have children, I know that I can have a very full and enriching life, but how?  I have prayed a lot about this over the years, hoping to gain some insight and peace over having to wait to start my family. But, always in the past I have prayed, but didn't really care to work to get the answer, because I was too scared of what it might be. I was comfortable where I was at, and didn't want to be moved outside that comfort zone. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, recently I have really been praying hard. I have felt a push to move on. I have wasted almost 6 years of my life, waiting and hoping to start my family. Not doing a whole lot about it except complain and cry everytime I hear someone else is pregnant, but me. I look back on the time that could have been well spent other places, and that's what makes me bitter! Why did I waste me life? I was too wallowed up in self-pity for my own situation, instead of shaping and planning my future the way I want. I guess it took Heavenly Father 6 years to get it through my thick stubborn head!
      So, the future looks great! Kids or no kids, Mike and I are gonna have so much fun! Recently we have really felt a push to buy a home. I don't know why, because the thought of it scares me to death, but if we have felt it, then it is time to look into it. So, looking we are. Meanwhile praying and fasting like there is no tomorrow. :)
      I feel positive about the future. We want to purchase a home, and then maybe shortly after go back to school. That one really doesn't appeal to me, but heck maybe I will like it. We have talked about saving up money and looking into adoption. The possibilities are endless, if we plan for it and shape the future into what we want.  It makes me excited for the rest of our lives, and the opportunities that we have with or without children. I know that some days will still be hard, and that it will still be painful, but it will also be exciting in the opportunities that are before us. I just hope and pray that I can keep this outlook in the months, and years ahead.
~Keira

4 comments:

  1. I love your optimism about having fun whether or not you have kids! I feel the same way that I've wasted 7 years on self-pity. When I started writing my book, I was like Why did I not do this years ago! I had 7 years I could have done this and I'm just now doing it?! So I have figured if Shalum and I never do have children, I at least have this that I can look forward to, and hopefully many more things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is great. And it's a good reminder for anyone to not waste the time you're given, even if that time isn't filled they way you hoped it would be. The possibilities really are endless when you look at the future with optimistic eyes. I look forward to seeing what kind of fun you guys have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keira,
    I'm sorry that you have gone through so much lately (I'm sure I don't know the half of it.) But, I hope you know we are praying for you and thinking of you often! You are amazing and sound like you're happy! What a blessing that is! Sounds like you have some exciting things ahead! Good luck with it all! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post!! I'm a little behind, so I just read it, but it really makes me happy. We all have our struggles and most, if not all, of us experience some wallowing in self-pity. We all waste some time before we, hopefully, realize what you express here: that there is much to do and much to learn, and most importantly, much, so much, to become, because of the challenges we have. I wish I could read this any time I want to feel sorry for myself. Thanks so much, and we love you tons!

    ReplyDelete