Welcome! This is a blog for Keira and Candice to speak of all our woes. Ha! Not exactly. We both struggle with infertility. This is our way of keeping in touch and being a support for one another. Here is where we share our thoughts, our feelings, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. We have often asked ourselves 'why not us?' We would sure like to know what happened to our storks. So if anyone with similar struggles visits this blog, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Although at times it sure feels like it, doesn't it? Hopefully this may help you as well.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ways to find ENJOYMENT in life

#1 - Write a book

About 4 years or so ago, I was just lounging around and I had this sudden thought come into my head 'I should write a book.' But then I talked myself out of it. 'Write a book?' I thought. 'I have no idea how to write a book. I don't write.' So I forgot about it. You see, ever since I was a little girl, stories have always come to my mind. I remember in 5th grade writing a story for school about a polar bear going to Florida on vacation, that's all I really remember about it, but I remember liking it. And another time when I was 12 or 13 my family and I were at my grandma's. My older sister and I were outside sitting on a swing, and Lacey told me to tell her a story. So I started telling her some story that contained me and my friends as some sort of mythical creatures on some adventure. We both got a huge kick out of it. She told me I needed to write it down. So later, I got on our computer and wrote part of it, I never finished it before our computer crashed and I lost it, which still saddens me to this day.
Then a few months ago I was on the phone with Lacey and we started talking about writing books and what not, and I told her of a story that I would like to write but I had no idea how to. She encouraged me to do it. She said the hardest part is starting. She said to just start it and eventually it will come together. So that very night, I started it. Even though I really enjoy writing it, I think it might take a miracle to finish it. And if, said miracle happens, then it will take another miracle to actually get it published. So we'll see what the future holds. So enjoyment #1, write a book, even if the only person who reads it is you.

~Candice

3 comments:

  1. Candice-
    Good luck with the writing book idea. Thats awesome! I have found that it really helps to find something you love to do to occupy your time, and then your heart doesn't ache so much or as often. I just wish that we lived close enough that we could do things together. Oh well. Someday..maybe. Well, I love ya
    ~Keira

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. That would be a blast if we lived close to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candice, you happen to be friends with someone who went to school to be an editor. Just saying. I'm proud of you for writing. If you really want to get serious about it, let me know. I can fill you in on the process and such. Love you!

    ReplyDelete