Welcome! This is a blog for Keira and Candice to speak of all our woes. Ha! Not exactly. We both struggle with infertility. This is our way of keeping in touch and being a support for one another. Here is where we share our thoughts, our feelings, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. We have often asked ourselves 'why not us?' We would sure like to know what happened to our storks. So if anyone with similar struggles visits this blog, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Although at times it sure feels like it, doesn't it? Hopefully this may help you as well.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Seriously, WHY?!

Why can't my optimism last more than a few days!!!??? I was doing really good, feeling really good, and having a great attitude about my situation. And then last night it all came crashing down when I found out my sister is having twins. I was beginning to accept that she was pregnant and I am not, and then I hear this, and I am not doing ok anymore. I am so angry and upset. I want to know why I can't get pregnant. Why I can't have children. And why she gets to have two when I can't even have one. It is so blasted unfair. I want to know what I've done wrong. That's how I'm feeling right now, that I'm being punished. Why, when families are so important, that I am not allowed to have one? It doesn't make sense to me.
~Candice

2 comments:

  1. i hate that infertility strikes at any moment.

    when we were trying to get approved to adopt (and we were EXCITED about it), my unmarried, single aunt announced that she was pregnant with twins. my heart immediately sank. So, so hard.

    :(

    Thinking of you two.

    Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice,
    I am so sorry. I know exactly how frustrating it can be when you are feeling good and positive, and then it hits, AGAIN! I wish that I could do something to make things better for you. I am so sorry. We really need to be closer, because we could comfort eachother, and not just with words. But, for now, I will pray for you and let the best comforter help and aid you. I love you and think of you often.
    -keira

    ReplyDelete