Welcome! This is a blog for Keira and Candice to speak of all our woes. Ha! Not exactly. We both struggle with infertility. This is our way of keeping in touch and being a support for one another. Here is where we share our thoughts, our feelings, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. We have often asked ourselves 'why not us?' We would sure like to know what happened to our storks. So if anyone with similar struggles visits this blog, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Although at times it sure feels like it, doesn't it? Hopefully this may help you as well.

Monday, December 20, 2010

If I call it my...Peace Zone, may I stay?

We are all striving to have peace within ourselves despite the turmoil around us, so having a peace zone is a good thing right? Now I am one of those people who loves being in my comfort zone. I've got a nice comfy couch in my zone, a cutesy little lamp beside said couch, all the books a girl could want, zero stairs, flowers everywhere, a nice toasty wood stove... it's very cozy here. Oh and lets not forget the bubble wrap all around, for one, to keep me inside, and two, I fall alot. And when I am forcibly thrust out of my comfort zone, my stress knows no bounds. (When I say thrust, I don't mean some feeble little one arm shove. It's an all out Get Your Stinkin' Butt Out Of Here throw.) I am rarely willing to leave this zone of my own free will. And when I'm forced, I fight with all the strength that I've got. Unfortunately I'm a weakling. It's pathetic, really. So it's not really much of a fight. However Heavenly Father LOVES getting me out of my comfort zone. Which is why I am constantly being called into presidency positions in church. At the moment I am in my third presidency calling. Now if you know me, I'm pretty shy around people I don't know or around crowds, not to mention I've always been more of a follower than a leader. Again not to mention, if allowed, I tend to become a bit of a loner.
The reason I'm speaking of this is that, doing all these infertility treatments, going to all these different doctors, really got me out of my comfort zone. I hate going to doctors with a passion. I pretty much have to be dying to see one. So not to mention (hmm...I say not to mention alot, don't I? Oh well) not to mention :) all the dr. visits regarding infertility, I also had to get a physical for adoption and will have to again for fostering. I also am not fond of talking about such personal matters. (I'm well aware that if I were to get pregnant I would have to see a doctor regularly, however that would be different. I would do that joyfully.) In fact that reminds me (going back to the talking issue) of something my mom once said when I was still in high school. She said that she has one daughter who tells her too much, one daughter who doesn't tell her anything, and one daughter who is balanced right in the middle. You can probably guess by now that I was the daughter who didn't tell her anything. I am that way in most things. So I suppose this is one of the many (and I'm telling you, there are many) things I must overcome through this trial of infertility. Because one doesn't grow when one never leaves their comfort zone.
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment