Welcome! This is a blog for Keira and Candice to speak of all our woes. Ha! Not exactly. We both struggle with infertility. This is our way of keeping in touch and being a support for one another. Here is where we share our thoughts, our feelings, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. We have often asked ourselves 'why not us?' We would sure like to know what happened to our storks. So if anyone with similar struggles visits this blog, just know YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Although at times it sure feels like it, doesn't it? Hopefully this may help you as well.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS! (I know, I'm a few days past)

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I did, for the most part. I have quite a bit of family here, so Shalum and I are always going from house to house during this time of year. Which is why it's been a few days since I've been on here. I've been crazy busy. I especially had a blast on Christmas Eve with my side of the family (well part of it). I always have so much fun when I get together with my sisters. My older sister was able to fly up from Albuquerque for the holiday! I also love spending time with Shalum's side of the family, but sometimes it just depresses me, which it did this year. There are so many children on his side, sometimes it's hard being around everyone. But at the same time I love being around all my nieces and nephews, I completely adore them. So it was sort of bitter sweet. But no matter how hard it gets sometimes, it won't stop me from spending time with them. In fact, a couple years ago one of my nephews asked his mom (Shalum's sister) if Shalum and I were to get a divorce, would I stop coming around. And Kim assured him that no way would that happen, I'm a part of the family no matter what happens. And that they would probably disown Shalum for divorcing me!
Moving on. I was thinking about what Keira had said about infertility being so hush hush around her. For me it's the opposite. It seems everyone and their dog are always asking me about it. Even when I don't want to. Sometimes it takes all that I have to tell them that if I want to talk about it, then I'll bring it up. But I know they have no intention of upsetting me, but on the days I'm already upset and angry over it, it just seems to make it that much harder. However you have to remember, I'm not one who likes to talk about my feelings or anything that's difficult for me. I think I just need to get over my mad spots, and not let things upset me so much. Especially when no one's trying to do so.
So on that note, I hope everyone has a happy New Year. And I will do my darndest to have one as well!

Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment